Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?
Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?

The Big Relaunch Plan

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Nis, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Nis

Nis Administrator Staff Member

Hello all,

It’s with great pleasure to announce we will be overhauling and relaunching the site very soon. Right now I’m thinking it might be fun to create a story based loosely of the new film. After seeing the new film I think there’s plenty we can build upon without worrying too much about consistency of the plot.

If you’d like to be part of the team building this new site please drop me a PM and we will setup a skype group to discuss the relaunch.

Nis

Here is a sneak preview of the propose plot of the new site:

NOTE THIS DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS OF THE NEW FILM
    After the fall of the Empire, Luke founded a new Jedi Academy in an attempt to rebuild the Jedi Order. However, he was betrayed by his apprentice and a group of darksiders called the Knights of Ren. The academy was destroyed and almost all the Jedi in training were killed. Blaming himself, Luke vanished into self-imposed exile. The remaining Jedi that survived this massacre either went into hiding or joined the resistance.

In the absence of the Jedi, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until every remaining Jedi has been destroyed. With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE.
    The idea is there will be many darksider (Knights of Ren) and many Jedi in hiding. On top of this there will also be the main factions of the First Order and the Resistance.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. TheGreyApprentice

TheGreyApprentice New Member

I've not seen the film yet, but I'll try to soon.

3. Admiral Kor'Lok

Admiral Kor'Lok Hutt Cartel Faction Leader

There is going to be a new site? Did you guys just leave this one to make a new one or something?

4. Nis

No no, we are still roleplaying here. I'm just suggesting we start with a fresh story (a simpler story) based off the new film.

5. Admiral Kor'Lok

6. Nis

Seen the new film yet?

7. Admiral Kor'Lok

God yes, it's 10/10 best movie of the current century. Arguably the best star wars film to date I think.

8. Nis

Ah great. You think the plot could work then?

(Avoid giving spoilers without the spoiler feature)

9. TheGreyApprentice

Ok, I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, so until I figure it out or we meet up in Skype I'm remaining mute... however, I did see the movie tonight, and I think its a little too showy, maybe a touch too exaggerated in places, but I also thought it was very good and I look forward to the next installment.

Nis likes this.
  10. Lancer

Lancer Member

I like the plot suggestion--it's a lot simpler than the original one here, which is probably necessary for a small forum just starting out.

11. Nis

Yeah, me and Grey are just working on the finer details but I think it can really work. For one it is simple, but also has a lot of room to be very interesting. Especially since the Force users will be largely untrained and alone. I will post another launch post soon with much more details but I think we can launch very soon.

12. TheGreyApprentice

Nis, if you're on, hit the Shoutbox.