Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?
Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?

Suggestion| Applications For Rare/ Powerful stuff

Discussion in 'Questions, Suggestions & Complaints' started by Bradok, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Bradok

Bradok Member

While it might be better to wait until the site fills out a little bit more I highly recommend that you make an application thread somewhere for people to submit requests for the powerful not-so-commons out there in the Galaxy.

I've seen this done on several Role-Playing sites and it's a good way to both keep potential God-Modding at bay as well as give something for players to RP towards.

The way I did back when I Co-Gmed Eternian Bliss was to make people fill out a template listing the name, abilities, cost, special properties, if it requires standard maintenance, etc etc, then require then to post links to the various Developmental RPs they have done to construct/obtain what it is they are aping for.

These things could range to, within reason, a special Lightsaber or even something like the Death Star and taking into account the power and potential use for the Item being apped for you can require more or less Dev RPs.

This method isn't for everyone, and like I said it might be better to wait until more people join before you implement it, but I actually like the idea of having a system to keep powerful and unique items from running rampant as well as having something to work towards.

The aping system could also be a really nifty way for minor factions to increase their power without over expanding or stepping on the toes of any admin out there lol.

2. Admiral Kor'Lok

Admiral Kor'Lok Hutt Cartel Faction Leader

I've talked to Mike a lot about making something like the Eclipse, if you know what ship that is. He said I could make it as long as I do the probably hundreds of posts it would take to actually make the ship. It makes me pretty excited, though, i'm not sure if it would be the same for other things. When I do start on it, I plan on taking a tooonnnnn of time to make post after post after post so i can be a legit build and not just, "Hey I have an Eclipse, fear me hahha." =D

3. Mike

Mike Republic Faction Leader Staff Member

Well this is technically an alternate universe. The story we have written is NOT the actual story that happened during those years. So far the instances of powerful ships and the like, if it's ABOVE a capital ship, meaning if it is above the level of your standard Star Destroyer, then is will require time and patience to build. So you would need to actually build it. I'll personally be monitoring these things very closely to make sure no one is building a death star within weeks.

Right now there's not a specific way of dealing with such things, but the goal is to have everyone so comfortable with details that what you suggest is automatic. You could use custom ships for all we care, as long as there's enough information about them presented that we know as a whole, what they are and what they do.

4. Darth Decivus

Darth Decivus Member

Getting to command a ship would be great. Although, you should set a limit on how powerful a requested artifact/item can be. Like the Kaiburr Crystal for example, it grants unbelievable power to Force Users, but ONLY on the planet it originates from. Otherwise, you could have a bunch of apprentices' running around with super force powers, and not taken the steps to gain the power themselves.

Basically, and this is just a suggestion, anything that drastically unbalances the RP should be either restricted or very hard to attain.

5. Mike

I'm not too too worried about specifics such as that at the moment. The Kaiburr crystal is powerful, but like with everything we would require a story of how you got the crystal, and then there are ways around it's power. The goal is to make it open sand box, and thus anything and everything is possible and the characters themselves must find ways to defeat tough opponents etc.

6. Bradok

Bradok Member

Like I said it would really only be needed once the site has a lot of volume. Right now it is easy to monitor everything everyone has/is doing with their character but once the site gets upwards to around 100 people making sure everyone goers by the books might not be too easy anymore.

For me thought, this is really more for character development. For example; on SWC they use the application system. My character on there was a Jedi that got his arm cut off and his Lightsaber cut in half during one of their invasion RPs between the Jedi and Sith on Ossus. Using the application system I spent 3 IRL weeks doing Dev RPs and using the app system to have an arm manufactured for me as well as crafting a Lightsaber, each made out of refined Cortosis in which a Lightsaber cannot cut through.

After it is approved I attached the link the to thread to my character profile so anyone I did RP would know they couldn't cut through my arm or my Lightsaber again.

7. Mike

I like the thought. We'll consider it.