Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?
Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?

Stage two of the launch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Nis, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Nis

Nis Administrator Staff Member

Hello! Welcome to our second announcement here to fill you all in with our current plans, expansion strategy and also a chance to ask any questions.

Since launching I have purposefully taken a modest approach to advertising. I didn’t want to use all of my tricks and send hundreds of people to an empty forum. So far I’ve been really happy by the amount of newcomers that have joined in just over a week. This really is the tip of the iceberg. With new roleplays and character profiles up, I think we are certainly ready now to take advertising to the next stage. I know a number of newcomers are working on their character profiles but we do need to encourage them more to start roleplaying. I’m certainly here if there is anything stopping you from diving right in. The sooner everyone gets posting the more interesting the forum will become and the easier it will be for me to recruit new members. Let me thank all those that have joined in so far. I hope you’re enjoying the start of making something new and great as much as I am.

In terms of key positions, the Sith now have a Dark Lord (played by myself) and a number people have messaged me about Sith Lord ideas. We have the republic run by Mike’s chancellor, also great to see a senator character too. We now have the Hutt Cartel run by Admiral Kor’Lok and Azarak running the Mandolorians. We are still looking for more Jedi Masters and the Jedi Grand Master. Anyone not active enough will have their position removed, otherwise the position is yours to take and run with!

In terms of the technical side to the forum, things are holding up well. I have installed a chatbox/shout box although am looking to moving it to the front page. As always ask any questions or make any recommendations over here: but for now feel free to reply to this announcement with any thoughts you have!

Nis

Azarak and Iveta'Gal like this.
  2. Nis

As an update to this we have a very experienced roleplayer who will be the first Jedi Grand Master. He has years of experience with star wars roleplaying and running factions so very much looking forward to what's in store.

Azarak and Darth Decivus like this.
  3. Sygne

Sygne New Member

If you need any help with XenForo skinning lemme know.

Azarak and Nis like this.
  4. Nis

Ah another Xenforo user! I do plan on making some edits to design so feedback is always welcome. The biggest issue I am facing is moving this chat box to the front page.

Azarak likes this.
  5. Sygne

Sygne New Member

Are you hiring for any staff positions? Preferably graphics/coding?