Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?
Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?

Rule discussion

Discussion in 'Rules and Guidelines' started by Nis, May 23, 2015.

1. Nis

Nis Administrator Staff Member

I've posted the first version of the rules up. They need a serious think over and are by no means definite. First I want to simplify them for people to not feel any pressuring on just jumping in and start roleplaying. Second I need to think about character training. Long term I feel characters should all be trained to use the Force. Short term I think it's obviously necessary for some characters to start 'fully' trained.

See more about open positions and starting with trained characters here: -link coming soon-

2. Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod New Member

5. Redack will be banned on sight.

This is highly recommended as a permanent rule.

If I can think of anything else to add, I'll let you know.

3. Helius

Helius New Member

The way the current rule set is, it is entirely possible to have a huge military. That is something that would have to be dealt with in the future.

Does one start off with a huge amount of credits? Do you build into it? If that is the case, it's entirely possible then for ^ this to happen.

I personally am thinking of owning a shipyard or running some space station (cause I haven't done it). I don't necessarily want to be a Jedi or Sith. I want to be a non-force user. Are there any ways to protect myself from Force users (I know there are canon ways) but what about non-canon ways or rule sets adapted for this?

Just some thoughts I can think of.

4. Nis

Nis Administrator Staff Member

Mike is currently working on faction rules, separate to the current list. I guess if you really want to protect yourself, you could hide away in a ship heavily guarded by a fleet. That way it wouldn't be possible for Jedi/Sith to pop up and kill you unless they got into your ship legitimately.

5. Helius

Helius New Member

Your thoughts on Ysalamiri?

6. Mike

Mike Republic Faction Leader Staff Member

We're currently going over a lot of stuff and haven't gotten to armies yet, but it's in the works. We're going to try and go for a more individualized forum here. IN J/S, everyone was just a number (i.e. SK, JK, etc) and the result was that we had almost no individuality between characters aside from looks and how they spoke. How many credits you start off with will depend on the character you create. In your profile, if you come up with an awesome story that shows just how you came in possession of a bunch of credits, then who are we to say no? You put in the work, you'll be rewarded.

As for protecting against Force users. Again, we're going more individualized here. Force users die; it's a fact that on J/S was forgotten and thrown away. If you can out smart your opponent, then you can kill them. Keep the tech canon, but models can be custom. What we don't want is a bunch of Redacks running around with beaming stargate technology and such. Keep in mind the time period as well. In the future, when the time is right, we'll skip ahead or back or whatever the forum decides. The goal is to be as free as possible without having the fore mentioned problem.