Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?
Want to help relaunch StarWarsRoleplay.com?

Roleplay Forum Sub boards?

Discussion in 'Questions, Suggestions & Complaints' started by Zeke Ardor, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Zeke Ardor

Zeke Ardor New Member

Hello! I just joined and I like the site but something about the roleplay section bothers me...

The roleplay is just one, huge. open board with no way to tell who's where in a thread. Sure you could put it in the title but that just seems... odd. I was wondering if you could put up some sub boards? Nothing extravagant but like separate the roleplay into inner, ring, middle ring, and outer ring. And maybe put planets in each? I'm worried that you may not want to since it takes a lot of work. But I'm willing to help! [even if I don't know much about Star Wars lore/universe ^^;] Anyways, it's just a suggestion, feel free to ignore my idea xD;;

2. Nis

Nis Administrator Staff Member

Hey Zeke. It'a not a bad idea but since we have just started I think one board would be best, otherwise you will have all these empty sub boards which will more likely confuse newcomers and make the site look very inactive. Sub boards are certainly an idea for the future though.

3. Mike

Mike Republic Faction Leader Staff Member

It's not a bad idea at all!

4. Iveta'Gal

Iveta'Gal Member

Welcome to the forum! Only thing with multiple board it's hard to keep track of where people are and where the latest roleplays are.

5. Darth Decivus

Darth Decivus Member

In the last RP forum I was on, we had a main galaxy thread. Inside that was a list of planets. The main 15 planets had sub-boards like Orbit, a city, and/or a town. Basically, every planet had three to five sub-boards. And it actually made things very simple. For example; say you have the planet Korriban. This is what the planetary thread would look like:

Korriban Orbit
    Dreshdae/Spaceport
    Valley of the Dark Lords
    The Great Temple

That is how things were set up. To be more direct, the navigation would look something like this:

Galaxy Map > Sith Space > Korriban > Korriban Orbit

and so on. Now, that's exhausting to do immediately, but I found it to be a very effective format.

6. Mike

Mike Republic Faction Leader Staff Member

I actually like this. I'll talk to Nis about it the next time we're on at the same time and see if we can work something out like that.

7. Darth Decivus

Darth Decivus Member